Pre-Operative Instructions for Surgery and Anesthesia
Please arrange to have a responsible adult accompany you to the office on the day of the surgery. THIS PERSON WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMAIN IN THE OFFICE while you are in surgery and drive you home afterward. You should also arrange for adult supervision for 24 hours after surgery.
If you are given anesthesia/sedation for your surgery, please:
Do not eat or drink anything (not even water) after midnight
- Please wear comfortable clothes to the surgery. We recommend a short-sleeved or loose-fitting shirt with sleeves that can be easily rolled up, as we will be monitoring your blood pressure during surgery.
- Please remove all nail polish and artificial nails
- If you develop any cold or flu symptoms or fever before your surgery date, please call the office, as we may need to reschedule the procedure.
- Please do not wear contact lenses to the surgery.
- If you have been given a pre-medication, please take that medication with a sip of water one hour prior to the surgical appointment. If you have been given HALCION, please DO NOT DRIVE after taking the medication.
** Surgery times are subject to change **
Thank you for your cooperation!
View Your Important Documents