Appointments and Patient Safety
At this time Chatham Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery would like you to know that we are doing everything possible to keep you and your loved ones safe. Even though dental and oral surgery office practices are changing to adapt to current pandemic guidelines, our office continues our commitment to high standards and has these new recommendations and updates in place to provide the best patient care for oral surgery services.
We have and continue to perform the following to protect our patients and staff:
- Follow the CDC, OSHA and ADA guidelines for patient treatments.
- Maintain the highest recommended infection control levels
- Wear full length disposable, gowns for each surgery.
- Use appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) and change it after each patient.
- Test and record sterilization procedures.
- Ensured our scheduled appointments are appropriately spaced, to keep patient flow in the office within safety guidelines.
If you are new to our office, welcome and thank you for choosing our team for your dental and oral surgery care. If you are an existing patient, we are so thankful that you are back. When you come in for your appointment, you will see some changes and new procedures we have put in place:
- We will ask COVID-19 pre-screening questions before any appointments are scheduled.
- We are no longer using our waiting room. We ask that each patient wait in their car until their specific room is ready and they again complete a COVID-19 symptoms checklist.
- All patients are required to wear masks while inside the office. Our staff will be wearing N95 masks.
- Temperature checks for each patient will be conducted at the door before a patient can proceed into the office.
- Each of our employees is given a daily temperature check and a COVID-19 symptom screening.
- HEPA filters are used in each surgery room.
- We will conduct a 2 week post-op follow-up with each patient for COVID-19 symptoms.
We understand that you may have questions during these changing times. Please call us if you have any questions. We look forward to taking care of you and your family for years to come.